Sunday 5 March 2006


I don't know if everyone else does this too, but whenever I hear a song I really like, I pretty much play the hell out of it for 3 weeks or a month, and then put it aside for a few years. If it's a new song from a new band, my three song rule goes into effect: if I like the first three songs I hear, I might buy the record, which means the song will be added to the regular rotation. The Arctic Monkeys (right), for instance, pass the three song rule with flying colours, whereas while Maximo Park (above) are the winners of the Best Individual Song Prize, with Apply Some Pressure, the other tunes I've heard leave me cold, so I won't buy the record, probably, and the song will get played out shortly. In about a week, as it stands. It's too bad really...I thought they might pick up the mantle of one of my all time favourites, Split Enz.

Please enjoy these videos at your leisure.
Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure
The Arctic Monkeys - I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor
The Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down

No comments: