Saturday 15 April 2006


From the age of about 14 or 15 I've wanted a scooter. I freely admit that the seed was planted after watching Quadrophenia, and even though Jimmy rode a Lambretta, I came to consider myself a Vespa man. Piaggio has been making the 'new' Vespas for a while now, but they never really appealed to me, and while I'm sure they're very competent machines, the styling left me cold. Then in 2004 Vespa introduced a limited edition PX150 that replicated the 1977 model, but with the updated mechanics of the modern machines. After a few trips into the dealership just looking, I knew it had to happen. I took the required motorcylce courses, and this May will mark the one year anniversary of our relationship. There were only two days that I didn't ride to work over this past winter, which might explain why the clutch cable rusted through and snapped twice, but with 9 horsepower and a top speed of 85, when I'm riding with my best girl on the back....well, the 15 year wait was worth it. We took the camera down to Suzanne's work yesterday to make a little video of us riding around town. It's kind of a big one though, so press play then pause it to let it load up before pressing play again or it'll stop and start all over the place.

4 comments:

brokenengine said...

HAHA my wife would SO not indulge me in that kind of video. So, good on Suzanne!

Who's the band providing the soundtrack?

Jesse Wallace said...

Yeah, Suzanne's a gamer. And while she definitely likes photography, it's not that kind of video.

Soundtrack provided by Arctic Monkeys.

Anonymous said...

The bit where you're keeping pace with the landing aircraft in the background is genius.

Nice one.

Anonymous said...

I kept waiting for the Insane Stunt Bonus but it never really happened. She's a beauty, she is.