Saturday 17 June 2006

This is one of those months with an extra paycheque, and even though we're saving up the cash for all sorts of stuff, including the drive back to Ontario and a place to live, Suzanne and I thought we'd go out and treat ourselves to some new shoes. I won't discuss Suzanne's footwear here, because there isn't enough room on the Internet, but I'm one of those people who buy a new pair of shoes once every two or three years and then wear them until they fall off. Okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I have very little in the way of footwear. My favourite shoes are probably my little Michael Owen Umbro footer boots but there is one shoe I've been seriously coveting for almost 10 years.

If you have a look at the cover of the Verve album 'Urban Hymns' you can see 'Mad' Richard Ashcroft and his glorious Clarks Wallabees. (Actually, I just went over and looked at it...they may not be Wallabees after all.....but whatever) I've wanted to buy those shoes since I saw that album cover, and today I finally did. They aren't the sand coloured low-tops, and mine are leather, but DAMN! they look good on. It's not quite in the same league as the day I got the scooter, but I love the feeling when you finally get something you've wanted for a long time.


No comments: