Sunday 30 July 2006

From The Pacific To The Atlantic - A Photo Record

Day 5 - Regina to Dryden, ON

Today I got to drive for the first time. We figured since the road was pretty straight I couldn't mess things up, and since the flat tire we got near Vermillion was the only mechanical trouble we expected, things would be fine. And they were until I got pulled over for speeding. I was going 120 in a 100 zone, and I saw the RCMP cruiser, but he was coming the other way on a divided highway, so I thought there was no problem. Turns out we had just gone past one of th
ose u-turn things they put there just for such an occasion. 200 bucks! But I don't care. I'm not one of those cry-babys that complain about speeding tickets and parking tickets; I figure if you do the crime, you'd better be prepared to do the time. So to speak.

Anyway, the drive was a good one. Not as nice as through Saskatchewan, but nice. I was pretty tired by the time we got to Dryden, so we stumbled into the Timberland Motel, checked in, then walked across to the 'pub'. It was a trucker place, and as we walked up to the bartender, the first thing she blurts out was, 'We ain't got no Bud!', like we had 'Gimme a damn Bud!' written on our foreheads. No problem we said; just gimme a damn Blue! After a few of those, I posed for the last picture in this series...












No comments: