Wednesday 1 November 2006

The job hunt continues apace, and much as it's one of my very least things (maybe second to the dentist) I should say that it's going fairly well at the moment. Nobody's called me yet, but it's only been a few days.

In other news, I have been faced with one of the harsh realities of Ontario life. With the cold weather almost upon us, (and an equally frosty economic downturn at Wallace Inc.) it seemed like a good time to 'park' the bike for the season. I cancelled the insurance, sent my license plate back to BC, and will now try to come to grips with the fact that my Vespa is a fairweather friend after all. I suppose that in Ontario it really is a recreational vehicle, so it's appropriate that in Barrie they sell them alongside snowmobiles and 'four-wheelers'. To me that seems like selling neckties next to rubber Wellies, but whatever.

2 comments:

brokenengine said...

Hey, how much do they sell 'em for up in Barrie? Any cheaper than the $5000 down here in T.O.?

Jesse Wallace said...

No different I'm afraid. Although the shop does have a gunrack that they count mount up for you.