Sunday 4 March 2007

Today was a good one. I mentioned something in the last post about new business ventures, and today we made a little progress. See, my father is an antiques dealer. Every room in the house is filled with Old Things, and he's even built a little shop at the end of a lane on his property. On summer weekends he loads up the truck and sets out a stall in Rosseau. I had the wild idea that he should get some eyeballs on his gear in the offseason, so I suggested eBay. After some reluctance - he's a hands-on dealer - he agreed. He selected five items and it's my responsibility to get them sold. Today I got the first of the initial five up and running on the site. So if you like pre-70s vintage toys, perhaps I can interest you in a Buck Rogers Atomic Pistol?

Also tonight, our soccer team - Blackbirds - played Diesel, the top team in our league. We completely outclassed them from start to finish, and only a dubious penalty decision prevented our first win of the year. I've added a little updater on the right sidebar where you can keep up with our progress as we march to Downsview Park Men's League Sunday PM Division 4 glory.

2 comments:

brokenengine said...

Well played, keeper.

Ebay listing is down.

Anonymous said...

glad to see you're following up on the plan to sell the old man's loot. (that wasn't meant to sound predatory or anything... but it really sounds like he could benefit from the power of that system of tubes that is the internet)