Monday 12 March 2007

The Wallace and Son eBay Empire took a great leap forward today! Our first item sold at a handsome profit, and we eagerly await payment. That pistol had been around for a while, so there may be a little unspoken sadness, but we got a good price, and I think my dad and I both enjoyed the experience very much. May it be the first in a long line.

Also tonight, Blackbirds were in action at the Hangar. Like last week, we completely outplayed the opposition, and narrowly missed a dozen excellent chances. And as is the case so often in games like that, we got caught out once and lost 1-0. I was so incensed at the goal - they cheated on a player substitution and totally caught us napping - that moments after, when I got clipped collecting the ball, I momentarily lost my cool and confronted their striker. I was so mad that they had scored this cheap goal after being outplayed the whole frigging game (I'm still mad over it) that I just walked over to the guy and pushed him. I was rightly ejected, and will miss the next game under suspension. In fairness to me, he was really late and clipped me as I was picking up the ball, and as per the Unwritten Code, he deserved more than I gave him. But I miss the next game, and that sucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am guessing this soccer league is not all that stress releasing....I have never known you to be "pushy"! However, so well written about...you are a gem!MIL

brokenengine said...

Dude, if I had been ANYWHERE near that play, it wouldn't have been you getting the red card, and it would've been far worse. That team is easily the dirtiest team in the league. And that ref, who is also the convenor of the league(hello, conflict of interest anyone?) is awful. He allows those games to get out of control because he allows players to do things like tug the jersey, punch, kick, trip and clip. He's awful, and I'm 80% on not returning to the league next season due to him.