Thursday 22 March 2007

The second eBay auction is complete, and was a bigger success than the first! Wallace & Son Antiques is an online-antique-auction-force to be reckoned with! The third item is now up for bids, and maybe I'm still flush from the excitment of the bidding war at the death of the tank auction, but I think this is going to surprise us.
It's a beautiful old lamp, and Wallace says it's from a yacht, while Son's taking a guess that it's a miner's lamp. In either case, my relative familiarity with the concept of 'keywords' and 'search engine optimization' means that the strange title of 'Brass Lamp - Yacht or Miners? Nautical or Safety?' means that anyone searching for 'brass lamp, yacht lamp, miners lamp, mine lamp, miner lamp, nautical lamp or safety lamp' will find it. I'm not surprised that at last check, 20 eBayers are watching this auction.

_______________________________________________________


In Blackbirds news, my indiscretion last week resulted in a 3-game suspension. So I'm out until the last game of the regular season. I've never been suspended for games before, so this is strange territory. I'm still going down to be with the boys on game nights, but it'll be strange watching from the sidelines. This episode has taught me a valuable lesson: if you're going to be suspended for violent conduct, make sure the conduct is REALLY violent. Don't waste it on a little shove...throw some Karate Kid crap in there and make it worth everyone's while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA hear hear!